ABOUT THE PLANT: Pea is an annual plant with erect or climbing stem height from 45 to 250 cm. Flowers are bisexual, white with green veins, purple, pink and purple. Fruits in structure are divided into Shelling, sugar and semi sugar. Seeds have three types: round, brain, transition.
Among vegetable plants peas is a rich source of proteins containing valuable amino acids: cystine, lysine, arginine, tryptophan, methionine. Green peas marked nutritional value, digestibility and good taste. Considerable agronomic importance of pea is to gain azot in the soil due to nodule bacteria.
Peas grow well on sandy soils, which are loose, rich in nutrients. Pea sowing is carried out early, as this culture is not afraid of frost, maintains the temperature decrease to minus 7 ° C. Care is to remove weeds, hoeing and watering. Pea particularly needs moisture during germination, but stand as drought and excessive moisture soil.
IMPLEMENTATION: Our company offers the best prices for buying seeds of Pea of the following sorts: Costa, Omega, Alpha, Skinado.
Medium, wrinkled, with large grains. Maturity comes in 68-72 days, the amount of active temperatures 875, the stem height of 70-75 cm, number of seeds in a pod 8-9 pcs. Sustainable living mosaic virus pea to bean yellow mosaic to Fusarium wilt. Is rich in protein, minerals and vitamins. Recommended for use in fresh, canned and dry. The average yield of 4,5-7,2 t / ha 1000 seeds weight 193,5-200h.
Middle, Shelling. The period from full germination to start technical ripeness peas 55-58 days. The stem is of medium length, leaves ordinary type, medium size, dark green with a grayish tint and wax coating. Stipules of medium-sized to large with a waxy coating and spot average intensity. The flowers from white to cream, medium size. Beans curved with acute apex, long, narrow to medium width, in technical ripeness dark green. The height of the lower attachment beans 48-50 cm. Exit peas with beans 40-44%. Pea green in technical ripeness, taste excellent. Wrinkled seeds, small. Green peas yield 50-61 kg / ha. Suitable for mechanical harvesting.
This sort is early maturing and its a high-yielding pea. The plant is compact, dark green pods, slightly curved, with pointed tip, 7-9 cm long, containing 7-9 nuts. Peas in milk ripeness dark green, tender, juicy, sweet taste, contains vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C. The sort is relatively resistant to frost and disease, have high taste. Used for fresh consumption and for canning. The plant is a long day plant, very demanding intense lighting. Sown in the soil warmed up to 2-4 degrees 30х3cm. Height: 50-60 cm sown in May and harvested – June-July.
Middle-sort with dark green peas, seeds of medium size. Very productive, 70-80 cm tall, straight enables pods. The first fertile shoot fastened on the 14th interstices. Every shoot has 2-3 pods of medium length 7 cm, containing 6-7 seeds. About 60% of the seeds have a size of 9.2 – 10.0 mm in diameter. Skinado is excellent for canning and freezing. Resistant to Fusarium.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE PEA:
1. The word “pea” means “shredded”, long ago it was rubbed to get flour.
2. Pea seeds are found in archaeological excavations in the late Stone Age (over 20,000 years ago).
3. Before XVII and XVIII centuries they started using of “green peas”, immature peas immediately afterharvesting. This especially applies to England and France, where eating of green peas was known as “fashion, and madness.”
4. In France in XVI century peas with fried lard was at the table of the king as well as at commoner` table.
5. The Germans appreciated and loved peas. They widely cultivated it, preparing it with a variety of dishes, and in the XIX century in the daily meal of German soldiers was even pea pudding.
6. Pea among vegetable crops is one of the richest sources of protein. After the lentils it is second in the number of protein per 100 grams per product.
7. Origin of peas due to legends is associated with tears of Adam and Mary. When God punished the people for their sins by hunger the Virgin was crying, and her tears turned into peas. According to another legend, Adam being expelled from the paradise and was plowing the land for the first time, they wept, and where his tears fell, rose peas.